Tuesday 25 October 2011

Wisdom of the teeth

After feeling a constant pain in my teeth this past week i concluded that I must have a cavity. Combined with seeing quite a few signs for dentists, and reading The Celestial Prophesy (which talks a lot about seeing the coincidences in life as something greater) I decided to go for it.

-Dentist did not speak English- but he called someone who did!

-Not a cavity, wisdom tooth causing trouble, as noted after an x ray. My new dentist has been practicing for 8 years.

-After 3 phone calls it is decided that I should not take the tooth out, but instead remove a small piece of something (gum? Bone?) to help the tooth be less of a jerk (later google-ing says this is not that unusual)

-20 minutes later, all done. I am told to take ibuprofen 2 times a day and to come back if it doesn't get better. Total cost for an x ray, anesthesia and the procedure: 100sols, or less than $50. So far it still hurts a little, but I think less?

So please say a prayer for me and my silly teeth.

Location:Cusco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me/us a comment, an leave your name too : )