Thursday 23 February 2012

impossible

People keep asking me "what was the best thing?" which is impossible! It's been 4 months! 7 countries! 44 cities! But people still want an answer, so I'll try.

(I would ideally add photos to this, but my 8gigs of photos wont fit onto my computer now... time to buy an external hard drive....)

No one best, instead I present a short list:
-Arriving at Machu Picchu after 3 days of hiking. Just beautiful. Sunshine and mist, ancient ruins, incredibly Inca ingenuity.
-The Salar trip in Bolivia. Flamingos, volcanoes, cactus, salt flats... better than I could have imagined
-The lookout on our jungle adventure in Ecuador. Jungle as far as the eye could see.
-Being on a telenovella. It just was so random and hilarious and something I never would have expected to happen
-Iguazu falls. Breathtaking and exhillerating at the same time.
-The people we met. There was just incredible kindness and goodness. Gives you faith in humanity and is truly heart warming

so there you have it. the best things. But there was also Lost City, the floats and costumes of Carnival, exploring cities (La Paz, Cuenca, Sao Paulo, Medellin...), Kuelup ruins, the gold church of Quito, seeing monkeys in the wild, paragliding in Lima, the fresh fruit everywhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me/us a comment, an leave your name too : )