Saturday 11 February 2012

Japan-aries!

Yes, japan-aries. That was Myrie's suggestion for the title of this post and I am keeping it.

We went out to Liberdade neighbourhood, home of a Japan-town. I went in hopes of purchasing delicious ume-shu (plum wine) and chi-hai (like vodka tonic in a can, but amazing). Success for the ume, sad disappointment for the chu-hai. If we were looking for pretty dishes, would have been success!



But I already have foolishly carted dishes between countries. Not again. Although I did love a cute bowl with a crab painted on it... No! Be strong!


It didn't take long for Myrie to get back into the Asian frame of mind. Peacu! And plastic food. So Japanese!

We also bough anko-fish (yum!) and canned ice coffee (not yum).

It was a happy trip down memory lane, leaving me with delicious ume-shu to comfort me when I am back in (suddenly) snowy Canada in 11 days (!suddenly!)

Location:Sao Paulo, Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me/us a comment, an leave your name too : )