Friday 18 November 2011

Day 2

After waking up at 3am with food poisoning, I felt like this llama (who was getting a haircut) sounded. Like the world was ending and I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed forever.


But that was not going to happen. Instead I got in a jeep at 5am on one of the worlds worst roads.

Thankfully, the scenery was just incredible.

Riverbed full of llamas.



Flamingos in a lagoon surrounded by desert.



Arsenic lake next to a volcano (with a few flamingos again)



Geysers just spitting up sulpher without a cloud in the sky.


More flamingos this time in a red lagoon. And of course Myrie who was excellent and comforted me for the first part of they day when I wasn't sure I was going to make it.



Terrible start to the day, but still just an incredible journey through some of the most beautiful sights.

-posted in Bolivia

Location:Tupiza to Uyuni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me/us a comment, an leave your name too : )