Saturday 12 November 2011

If you ain't Dutch,

Then you won't know that it is a stroopwaffle on top of my coffee.



You also won't get it when I say that I played Dutch Bingo last night.

Sure enough, sitting in a travel agency in Bolivia I met Gerardo Diego Kraan, or Gert Dirk Kraan. He happens to be born of Dutch parents in the same small town my father was born in rural Argentina.

He remembered my Oma (grandmother) and talked about how the people from the countryside would ride buggies into town to go to church. Of all the small towns and surprising connections I could barely believe it.

The Dutch, they are everywhere!

-posted in Bolivia

Location:Sucre

1 comment:

  1. What a delicious coincidence! What is Dutch bingo? I feel I should know.
    xx Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me/us a comment, an leave your name too : )